Exchange Mail Administrator
Use a powerful Exchange 2013 aware granular restore utility to recover items from EDB mail stores.
Managed Services Provider
Take advantage of MSP-friendly software features and custom licensing and support options.
Software or Appliance Vendor
Let us help to integrate DirectRestore granular data access into your Windows or Linux solution.
Axcient Acquires DirectRestore September 16, 2014
DirectRestore for Exchange video overview April 25, 2014
Application-Aware, Agentless, Bandwidth-Optimized Granular Restore from Offline Mail Stores and Databases
DirectRestore is a technology to read the contents of unattached (offline) Exchange, SharePoint and SQL Server databases and Outlook personal storage files.
With DirectRestore it is possible to extract granular items: emails from Exchange EDB mail stores and Outlook files, documents from SharePoint databases and records from SQL Server database tables without mounting the respective databases.
DirectRestore is being used for extracting items from backups and archives, data conversion, migration and indexing of unattached databases.
Customers choose DirectRestore because it is:
- Agentless. Eliminate application-specific brick-level backup agents without losing the granularity of restores.
- Granular. List, find, select and extract exactly the items that need to be restored.
- Bandwidth-savvy. Save on bandwidth twice: first, by eliminating agents, then on recovery as DirectRestore is optimized for stressing the connection to the data as little as possible. This is especially important when the data source is on a network or in the cloud.
- Read-only. DirectRestore does not modify its data sources, which makes it easy to comply with policies that prohibit read-write access. It is possible to work with sources from read-only locations or media.
- Licensed flexibly. Different licensing models are applied depending on customer's requirements.
DirectRestore can be shipped in a variety of ways:
- Windows white-label granular restore utility.
- Windows APIs, presented as DLLs in comprehensive software development kits, complete with manuals, examples and utilities.
- Virtual appliances, tailored to interface with customer's network or cloud. This solution also fits well into non-Windows environments.
The environment requirements for DirectRestore are typically much lower than for the corresponding server.
Read More and Evaluate
Learn more about DirectRestore for your platform:
For an instant hands-on experience, go to the Downloads section, get command-line utilities and SDK and start testing on your databases.